Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 ⅓ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 ⅔ cups water
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups mild salsa
step 1: Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
step 3: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 4: In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa. Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.