Salsa II Recipe
- 6 pounds roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1/4 pound roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
step 1: Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Briefly place 6 pounds tomatoes into water to loosen skins and set color. Drain, peel and crush.
step 2: Mix chopped tomatoes, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin into the saucepan with crushed tomatoes. Whip to desired thickness. Bring to a boil. Mix in red onion, white onion, yellow onion, jalapeno peppers and cilantro. Continue boiling until vegetables are soft and mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until serving.