Sam's Kicking Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
step 1: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the fresh whole cranberries, cranberry sauce, orange marmalade, onion, apple, green bell pepper, salt, jalapeno, lime juice and liqueur.
step 2: Cook until cranberries crack open. Reduce heat and simmer until contents reduce by one third (approximately 3 hours). Remove from heat, cover and allow to cool overnight.