Chicken Mexicala Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: In a medium saucepan, saute onion and green chile peppers until tender. Stir in chicken, then milk and soup. Heat through, mix well and set aside.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: In a small skillet, saute tortillas a few at a time until soft. Cut tortillas into quarters, then line a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/2 of the tortillas. Spread 1/2 of the chicken mixture over the tortillas, then layer with remaining tortillas and remaining chicken mixture. Finally, sprinkle with cheese.
step 4: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.