Santa Fe Rice Salad Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
step 1: In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and chill.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together the rice, beans, tomato, cheese and green onion.
step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, peppers, sugar and salt. Pour over the rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate salad for 30 minutes. Top with avocado just before serving.