Santa Fe Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn, onion, carrot and 1 can chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until onion is tender.
step 2: Stir in remaining chicken broth, wild rice, green chili peppers, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until heated through.
step 3: Top each bowl with fresh tomato salsa, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.