Sara's Beef Jerky Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin OR London broil, cut to 1/8 inch thick slices
step 1: Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium, nonporous bowl, combine the salt, liquid smoke, garlic powder, monosodium glutamate, onion powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper to taste.
step 3: Place meat slices in this mixture and coat well. Then place the meat slices onto two 10x15 inch baking dishes in a single layer.
step 4: Bake at 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) for 8 hours.