Sauerkraut and Tomato Stew Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (20 ounce) can sauerkraut with juice
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion and green bell pepper in the oil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
step 2: Pour in the tomatoes, water and rice. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 3: Stir in the sauerkraut and sausage, stirring thoroughly, and let simmer for 20 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.