Sausage Broccoli Manicotti Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
step 1: Cook manicotti shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, broccoli, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
step 2: In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and garlic. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Rinse and drain shells; stuff with broccoli mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
step 3: Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.