Sausage Egg Subs Recipe
- 1 1/4 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 submarine sandwich buns (about 6 inches), split
step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
step 2: In the same skillet, cook and stir the eggs until nearly set, about 7 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers and the sausage mixture. Cook until eggs are completely set and mixture is heated through. Serve on buns.