Sausage Flowers Recipe
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
- ¾ (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a miniature muffin pan.
step 2: Place ground Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and remove from heat.
step 3: Stir Monterey Jack cheese and Colby cheese into the warm sausage to melt. Stir in salsa.
step 4: Gently press wonton wrappers into the prepared miniature muffin pan so that the edges are extending. Place a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each wonton wrapper.
step 5: Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until wonton edges begin to brown.
step 6: Transfer baked filled wontons to a serving platter. Dollop each with approximately 1 tablespoon sour cream. Sprinkle with green onions.