Sauteed Chicken with Artichokes Recipe
- 4 (6 ounce) boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 (13.75 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pitted nicoise or Spanish-style olives
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
step 1: Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper. Place each breast half between sheets of plastic wrap; with a flat mallet or rolling pin, gently and evenly pound chicken to 1/4 inch thick. Peel off plastic wrap.
step 2: Pour oil into an 11- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, tilting to coat bottom. When oil is hot, add chicken in a single layer, without crowding. When edges begin to turn white, turn pieces and cook until no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes total. As chicken is cooked, transfer to a platter and keep warm; repeat to cook remaining breasts.
step 3: Add broth, artichoke hearts, olives, capers, lemon juice, and oregano to pan; stir, scraping browned bits free, until mixture boils. Stir in parsley. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with lemon wedges.