Savory Olive Stuffing Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 (6 ounce) can Lindsay® Black Ripe Pitted Olives, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground dried sage
- 2 teaspoons ground dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
step 1: In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks; saute, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in apples, celery and mushrooms; saute, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs, Lindsay Olives, broth, walnuts, parsley, sage and thyme; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
step 2: Stuffing can be served immediately or cooled and stuffed into a turkey ready to be roasted.