Savory Shrimp over Wild Rice Recipe
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
step 1: Prepare the wild rice according to the package directions. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, paprika, pepper, salt, and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
step 2: Heat the oil in a skillet until hot. Add the shrimp and cook on medium heat for 30 seconds. Stir in the cherry tomatoes, and cook for an additional 45 seconds or until the shrimp are opaque, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, stir in chopped parsley, and serve over 1/4 cup of the wild rice.