Savory Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked campanella pasta*
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 (6 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
step 1: Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium-high heat in a 10-inch nonstick skillet about 8 minutes or until crumbled, browned and no longer pink; drain. Blend in tomatoes and paste. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
step 3: Place half of cooked pasta in bottom of skillet. Pour half of tomato-meat mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining pasta, tomato-meat mixture, and mozzarella.
step 4: Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts. Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute.