Seafood Lasagna with Shrimp Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 pound flounder fillets
- 1/2 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
step 2: Saute onion in the butter or margarine. Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, basil, salt, pepper, egg, and sauteed onion. Set aside.
step 3: Combine the mushroom soup, milk, and garlic. Stir in the white wine , bay scallops, flounder fillets, and shrimp. Set aside.
step 4: Assemble ingredients in a greased lasagna pan as follows: a thin layer of seafood sauce, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 seafood mixture, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 seafood mixture, and remaining noodles. Place mozzarella cheese and Parmesan on the top.
step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to stand for 10 minutes.