Seared Scallops with Tropical Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and drained
step 1: Combine the pineapple, mango, cucumber, bell pepper, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
step 2: Heat a large, nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add half of the scallops to the pan; sear until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to a warmed plate; set aside. Repeat with the remaining scallops.
step 3: Divide the scallops among four warmed plates. Spoon the salsa over the scallops, and serve immediately.