Seasoned Orzo and Black Beans Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a 4 quart saucepan, combine water and pasta. Cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a full boil, 4 to 6 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
step 2: Stir in frozen vegetables, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until vegetables are tender crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain.
step 3: Stir in beans, butter or margarine, tarragon, and thyme. Continue cooking until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.