Sesame Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons CRISCO® Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Steamed rice as an accompaniment
step 1: Whisk together soy sauce, 4 tablespoons CRISCO(R) Oil, honey, mustard and red pepper flakes, in a medium bowl. Add steak and toss. Marinate, covered at room temperature for 15 minutes.
step 2: Heat 2 tablespoons CRISCO(R) Oil over moderately high heat, in a wok or heavy skillet. Heat until hot, but not smoking. Saute garlic, ginger, onion, bell peppers and broccoli, stirring, 5-7 minutes. Transfer mixture to another bowl.
step 3: Heat 2 tablespoons CRISCO(R) Oil in wok over high heat until hot, but not smoking. Saute steak, stirring about 2 minutes.
step 4: Stir in sauteed vegetables, water chestnuts and sesame seeds until heated through.
step 5: Serve over steamed rice with additional soy sauce.