Sesame Lime Steak Wraps Recipe
- 1/2 pound eye of round, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
step 1: Place sliced beef in a shallow bowl. In a jar, combine lime juice, honey, oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil and grated ginger. Seal lid tightly, and shake until well combined. Pour over beef, and marinate 30 minutes.
step 2: Heat a nonstick skillet until very hot. Pour beef and marinade into pan, and saute on high heat until steak is evenly brown. Remove beef with a slotted spoon. Continue boiling marinade until reduced by half, stirring frequently to prevent burning, about 5 minutes. Put steak slices back into marinade, mix well, and set aside to cool slightly.
step 3: Place lettuce leaves on tortillas, and evenly distribute steak slices between all tortillas. Fold bottom of tortilla up by 1/3, then tightly roll from the side until wrapped.