Seven Layer Casserole Recipe
- ½ cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 potatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, with liquid
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can water
- 1 pound pork sausage, sliced and browned
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish layer the rice, potatoes, onion, carrots, peas, tomato soup with water, and sausage. Salt and pepper to taste.
step 3: Bake covered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove cover for last 5 minutes of baking.