Seven Layer Dinner Recipe
- 3 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans peas, with liquid
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can water
- 1 pound pork sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Layer potatoes, carrots and onions in a large buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle the uncooked rice over the vegetables. Then add the peas (with liquid) and arrange the pork sausage on top of that. Dilute tomato soup with a can of water and pour over the sausage. Season with salt and pepper.
step 3: Bake covered in a preheated oven for 1 hour, then uncovered for an additional hour.