Seven Layer Dip III Recipe
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 chopped fresh red chile peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
step 1: Layer shredded lettuce on a 12 inch serving platter.
step 2: In a medium bowl, stir together black beans, red chile peppers and green onions. Spoon the mixture on top of the lettuce. Gently spread sour cream over beans. Sprinkle with jalapeno peppers and lime zest.
step 3: Drain excess liquid from salsa. Place salsa in a medium bowl. Stir in avocado. Spoon the mixture over sour cream layer. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Top with black olives and cilantro. Serve immediately, or chill in the refrigerator.