Shrimp Creole III Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 10 3/4 fluid ounces water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
step 1: In a large heavy iron pot; medium heat, pour in olive oil and saute onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic until well wilted. Add flour and tomato puree and stir together. Gradually pour in 10.75 ounces of water.
step 2: Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in diced tomatoes and wine; cook for 15 minutes.
step 3: Season with hot sauce, Cajun seasoning, salt and parsley. Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 4: When the dish is done, let it sit for 10 minutes. Serve over the cooked rice.