Shrimp Etouffee II Recipe
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound cleaned shrimp
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
step 1: In a 2 quart microwave safe dish, combine margarine, onion, green onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. Heat on High settings for 8 to 9 minutes.
step 2: Stir in parsley, tomato paste, soup, shrimp, salt, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. Heat on High setting for 5 minutes. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes until mixture thickens. Serve over white rice.