Shrimp Melt Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
step 1: In a medium saucepan, melt butter and saute onions and shrimp over medium heat until shrimp are pink.
step 2: Stir in flour and Old Bay seasoning to make a roux. Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly. Allow to thicken. Stir in celery and cook until celery is soft.
step 3: Preheat oven on broiler setting.
step 4: Spoon mixture over toasted English muffins, top each with a slice of tomato and provolone cheese. Place under a preheated broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until cheese is melted.