Shrimp Provencal Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cups red peppers, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
step 1: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly saute shrimp until they turn pink, but are not cooked through; remove from skillet and set aside. Add the bell peppers, onion, garlic, fennel seeds, and thyme; cook until the onion softens, about 8 minutes.
step 2: Stir in white wine, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the flavors blend, about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp, and simmer until they are cooked and turn opaque, about 3 minutes. Stir in the basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.