Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- ½ pound andouille sausage, sliced
- ¾ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons coarse grained prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
step 2: Place sausage in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned; drain. Mix in shrimp, green onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook about 1 minute, until shrimp are opaque. Remove mixture from skillet, and set aside.
step 3: Pour wine into the skillet, and scrape up browned bits. Cook until reduced by about 1/2. Mix in heavy cream, and continue cooking until reduced by about 1/3. Stir in mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
step 4: Return sausage mixture to the skillet, and blend into the wine mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve over angel hair pasta.