Shrimp and Crab Bisque Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- 1/2 cup white wine
step 1: In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in flour, salt, white pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Mix in bouillon granules, onion, and half of the half-and-half. Bring mixture to a boil.
step 2: Reduce heat to medium; add shrimp and crab meat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and shrimp are cooked through. Stir in remaining half and half and wine. Serve hot.