Shrimp in Sherry Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
step 1: In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 2: Combine onions and butter in a 2 quart, microwave safe, casserole dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 20 seconds or until butter melts.
step 3: Combine flour, pepper, milk and sherry in a medium mixing bowl; add mushrooms and onion mixture, stir until smooth.
step 4: Arrange shrimp around outer edges of the casserole dish. Spoon mushroom mixture into center of casserole. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and shrimp are pink. Stir shrimp and mushroom mixture together. Spoon the mixture over rice. Sprinkle with parsley.