Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese Recipe
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large saucepan, saute the chopped garlic in the olive oil until golden. Add green onion and jalapeno peppers; saute about 3 minutes.
step 2: Mix in the chopped tomatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in the parsley. Reduce heat.
step 3: In a medium saute pan, toss the shrimp with the olive oil. Cook over medium heat until shrimp become pink. Season with salt and pepper and mix in the tomato sauce.
step 4: To serve, crumble the feta cheese over the shrimp.