Sicilian Fusilli Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package tricolor corkscrew (fusilli) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups julienne strips carrots
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce with tomato bits
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or shredded farmer cheese
step 1: Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
step 2: Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
step 3: Cook basil, pepper, carrots and bell pepper in oil about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are crisp-tender. Stir in pasta, beans, tomato sauce and artichoke hearts. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Sprinkle with cheese.