Sicilian Veal Cutlets Recipe
- 8 (1.5 ounce) veal leg cutlets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, seeded plum tomato
- 6 pitted Greek or kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked angel hair
- thyme sprigs (optional)
step 1: Trim fat from veal. Place each piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/8-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Combine flour and pepper. Dredge veal in flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
step 2: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over high heat until hot. Add half of cutlets to skillet. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining veal. Remove from pan.
step 3: Add garlic, and saute 30 seconds. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium-high; boil wine mixture for 3 minutes. Return veal to pan. Add tomato, olives, and artichokes; cover and simmer 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with the pasta. Garnish with thyme, if desired.