Simple German Potato Salad Recipe
- 8 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
- 3 spiced dill pickles, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- 5 hot dogs, cut into pieces
- 1 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing
step 1: Place the potatoes into a pot and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
step 2: In a large bowl, stir together the salad dressing, pickles, eggs, hot dogs and salad dressing. Season with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the cooled potatoes until coated. Cover and chill until serving.