Sizzling Chicken Skewers Recipe
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup salsa
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cubed
step 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine crunchy peanut butter, cilantro, salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic and green onions; mix well. Add chicken to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
step 2: While the chicken is marinating, soak bamboo skewers in water for one hour so they will not burn on the grill.
step 3: Preheat the barbeque to a high heat. Or preheat your oven to broil.
step 4: Thread chicken onto skewers like a snake, and in between each loop add a cube of bell pepper.
step 5: Grill skewers, turning once, over charcoal for 4 to 6 minutes; or broil, until just browned and cooked through.