Skippy Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle dark beer
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, finely chopped
step 1: Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, dry bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, ground black pepper and approximately 1/2 of the dark beer. Mix until firm enough to form patties, using remaining dark beer as necessary.
step 3: Shape ground beef mixture into 4 thick patties. Create a well in the center of the patties, and fill with onion and jalapeno. Form the ground beef mixture back around the onions and jalapenos, and flatten.
step 4: Place patties on the prepared grill, and cook 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.