Slow-Cooked Caribbean Chicken and Squash Recipe
- 4 Tyson® Fresh Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon hot (Madras) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
step 1: PREP: CLEAN: Wash hands. Remove and discard skin from chicken. CLEAN: Wash hands. In 3 1/2- to 4-quart crockery cooker, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well. Place chicken on top of mixture.
step 2: COOK: Cook on low setting 8 to 10 hours or until squash is done and internal juices of chicken run clear and chicken is very tender. (Insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 180 degrees F.) With forks, remove chicken from bones, then cut chicken into pieces. Stir into vegetable mixture.
step 3: SERVE: Serve in shallow soup bowls with hot bread and crisp tossed salad, if desired.
step 4: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.