Slow-Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
- 1 cup ORTEGA® Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 package (12) ORTEGA® Taco Shells
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, SARGENTO® ChefStyle Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, sour cream
step 1: PLACE beef and onion in slow cooker. Combine water and seasoning mix in small bowl. Pour over beef and onion. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until tender. Remove meat to cutting board; shred beef with two forks. Place beef in large bowl. Stir in taco sauce and chiles.
step 2: FILL warmed taco shells with beef mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.