Slow Cooker Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 large potatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
step 1: Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Drain off excess grease.
step 2: Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half-and-half. Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk. Cover, and cook another 30 minutes before serving.