Slow Cooker Kielbasa Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ pounds sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced into rings
- ¾ onion, sliced into rings
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
step 1: Place half the sausage in a slow cooker, and top with the sauerkraut. Cover with the remaining sausage, apples, and onion. Top with the potatoes. Pour chicken broth over all, and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
step 2: Cover, and cook on High 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Top each serving with Swiss cheese.