Slow Cooker Swiss Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
step 1: In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat the round steak pieces in the flour mixture.
step 2: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the celery, onion, and carrots about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, and set aside. Mix in the round steak pieces, and cook until lightly browned.
step 3: Place the vegetables and steak in a slow cooker. Mix in the tomatoes with juice, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.
step 4: Cover, and cook 8 to 10 hours on Low, until the round steak is very tender.