Smoked Herb Chicken Recipe
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
step 1: Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
step 2: Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry. Loosen skin around the breast area.
step 3: Place three tablespoons of butter in various places under the skin. Mix herbs together and place half under the skin and the other half inside the chicken.
step 4: Cook chicken with smoke for 4 hours or until juices run clear when poked with a fork.