Smoked Salmon Vodka Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced smoked salmon
- 2 fluid ounces vodka
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
step 1: In a large saucepan saute butter and onion with smoked salmon. Once the pan begins to lightly smoke, pull saucepan away from heat source and add the Vodka.
step 2: When the Vodka has burned off, return the sauce to heat source and mix in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and heavy cream.
step 3: Season sauce with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and chile pepper. Reduce sauce to desired consistency; serve.