Smoked Turkey and Green Chile Turnovers Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA® Salsa (any flavor), divided
- 3/4 cup chopped smoked turkey
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package puff pastry shells, defrosted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
step 2: COMBINE turkey, cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup salsa, chiles, green onions and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese in medium bowl. Combine egg and water in small bowl; brush edges of each shell with egg mixture.
step 3: SPOON 1/3 cup turkey mixture onto half of each shell; fold shells in half over filling. Crimp edges of each turnover with tines of fork. Place turnovers on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg wash; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and cilantro.
step 4: BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa.