Smoked Turkey and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, stemmed, dark gills removed, chopped
- 4 cups chopped stemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Savory Market™ White Meat Turkey Flavor
- 1 pound smoked turkey, diced
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
step 1: Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots, garlic and saute 1 minute. Add Portobello and shiitake mushrooms and bell pepper and saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add white wine and boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup whipping cream and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup whipping cream Savory Market White Meat Turkey Flavor and diced smoked turkey; simmer 10 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well. Add pasta to sauce in pot and toss to coat. Add cheese and chives and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.