Snow on the Mountain I Recipe
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 oranges - peeled, sectioned, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 bananas, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pint whipped cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 x13 inch cake pans.
step 2: In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, dates, pecans, eggs, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well and spread evenly between prepared pans.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Crumble into small pieces and cool.
step 4: In a large bowl combine oranges, bananas, pineapple and sugar.
step 5: On a large serving platter spread 1/2 of crumb mixture. Spoon fruit mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over fruit. Spread whipped cream over crumbs, sprinkle with coconut and top with cherries. Chill before serving.