Snowball Soup Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups packaged biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
step 1: Put carrots and celery in a saucepan. Add broth and pepper to the saucepan.
step 2: Put saucepan on burner. Turn the burner to high heat. Cook until mixture boils. Turn burner to medium-low heat. Put lid on saucepan and cook for 10 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the chicken.
step 3: Meanwhile, put the biscuit mix and milk in a bowl. Stir together with a large spoon.
step 4: Take lid off saucepan. For dumplings, spoon dough in 12 mounds on top of broth mixture. Put lid back on saucepan. Cook 10 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean.