- 4 cups masa harina flour (Mexican corn masa mix)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 (7 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- warmed ORTEGA® Refried Beans
- SARGENTO® Fancy Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- ORTEGA® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- sour cream
- ORTEGA® Pickled Jalapeno Slices
step 1: PLACE flour in large bowl; cut in vegetable shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, kneading until smooth. Add chiles; mix well. Form dough into 35 small balls. Pat each ball into 3-inch patty; place on waxed paper.
step 2: HEAT 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding additional oil as needed to prevent sticking.
step 3: TOP with beans, cheese, salsa, dollop of sour cream and jalapenos.