Sour Cream Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound dried baby lima beans
- 4 1/2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
step 1: Wash and pick through beans. Place them in a large pot with the water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until just tender.
step 2: Stir in undrained corn and tomatoes, potatoes and cabbage. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. At the table, stir sour cream to taste into individual servings.