South Beach Salad Recipe
- Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 10 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
step 1: To make the vinaigrette dressing: Combine the olive oil, vegetable oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously to mix.
step 2: To make the salad: Combine the hearts of palm, peppers, artichoke hearts, and olives in a bowl. Add the vinaigrette dressing and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
step 3: To serve, place the salad on a bed of lettuce leaves and garnish with the egg and cherry tomatoes.